The following is a Career Boost position, learn more at ryerson.ca/careerboost.
Supervisor’s Name: Donica Willis
Department: Student Affairs Creative
Student Application Materials Required:
- Career Boost Approval Email (Mandatory) (send the approval email to the supervisor when the Career Boost approval application becomes available on the Student Financial Assistance website)
Method Of Student Application: Email
Job Family: Multimedia & Design
Job Title: Web Assistant
Hours per week: 10
Number of Positions: 1
Hourly Rate of Pay: $12.00
Start Date: Sep-06-2016
End Date: Apr-07-2017
Position supports the following priorities from the Ryerson University Academic Plan:
- Enable greater student engagement and success through exceptional experience
You will work closely with the Graphic & Web Specialist of Student Affairs to ensure the continual production and maintenance of creative and dynamic webpages. Your primary role will be assistance in the building of webpages and ensuring/implementing the best possible user experience for students.
- Assists in the designing, building of webpages for Student Affairs
- Assists in the designing, building of webpages for RU Student Life
- Assists in the maintenance of webpages for Student Affairs
- Assists in the maintenance of webpages for RU Student Life
- Assists in the management/organization of a project archive
- Assists in the designing, building of webpages for Student Affairs – 10%
- Assists in the designing, building of webpages for RU Student Life – 10%
- Assists in the maintenance of webpages for Student Affairs – 35%
- Assists in the maintenance of webpages for RU Student Life – 35%
- Assists in the management/organization of a project archive – 10%
- Initial Analysis of where the student is at in regards to web skills. This will include an initial activity and workshops based on their need.
- Goal Setting for the semester and development of plan.
- Bi-weekly one-on-one’s to reflect, chat and check-in.
- Brainstorming Sessions before major projects.
- Exit analysis of where the student is at in regards to web skills. This will include the same activity they completed upon entry of the position.
- Good oral communication
- Knowledge of computer software
- Problem solving and thinking
Personal Management Skills:
- Goal setting
- Positive attitude and behaviours
- Task initiative
- Time management
- Event and project planning
- Participate in projects and tasks
- Respect differences
- Work well with others
Technical or Software Knowledge Required:
- Programming in XHTML, Cascading StyleSheets(CSS), WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Knowledge of UX and AODA best practices will be considered a strong asset.
- Communication: Enhance customer service skills
- Digital Literacy & Technical Aptitude: Apply graphic and web application knowledge and skills
- Project Management: Learn to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Gain experience working as part of a team
We appreciate your interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.