Orientation Graphic & Web Assistant
The successful candidate will work closely with the Graphic & Web Specialist of Ryerson Student Affairs Creative to ensure the production of creative and dynamic marketing communications for Central Orientation. Their primary role will be the design of Central Orientation’s theme and related graphic assets and the building and maintenance of orientation.ryerson.ca’s web pages. It is necessary for the incoming Graphic & Web Assistant to possess strong organizational, research, and communication skills, a solid understanding of Ryerson University, and they must also understand how the values of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion have an impact on marketing efforts, Orientation Week, and student leadership development. The candidate must be willing to commit their efforts to the enhancement of all Orientation programming to support the transition of new students at Ryerson.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the creation, tracking, and maintenance of webpages on orientation.ryerson.ca. Including but not limited to optimizing text, images, video and navigation for the best user experience.
- Assist with the creation of a vibrant, interactive, online presence for the Orientation Week program. This must include Web 2.0 technologies and audiovisual media that features the experiences, perspectives and input of a diverse array of community members at Ryerson. Online Orientation programs provide an interactive, online experience that help new students network with their peers and learn about the various support mechanisms, services, and opportunities available to them at Ryerson University.
- Update the Student Life Programs website (www.ryerson.ca/stuprog) to highlight Orientation programming.
- Designing of graphics and marketing collateral (print and online) for Central Orientation, including but not limited to posters, flyers, postcards, brochures, handbooks & banners. As well materials to post via RU Student Life’s social channels.
- Ensure that all documentation and files relating to content created for online platforms is maintained in an orderly and efficient manner.
- During Central Orientation, assist with social media and photography coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of computer software
- Problem solving and thinking
- Technical skills
Personal Management Skills:
- Being responsible and accountable
- Positive attitude and behaviours
- Task initiative
- Time management
- Contribute to team goals
- Event and project planning
- Participate in projects and tasks
- Work well with others
Technical or Software Knowledge Required:
Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Programming in XHTML, Cascading Stylesheets (CSS), & WordPress. Photography & Video are an asset.
- Communication: Enhance customer service skills
- Digital Literacy & Technical Aptitude: Apply graphic and web application knowledge and skills
- Project Management: Learn to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Gain experience working as part of a team
35 hours per week at $12.50 /hr
May 24, 2016 Start Date
Aug 26, 2016 End Date
Email your application to email@example.com
Application Materials Required:
- Career Boost Approval Email ( more information here)
- Resume & Portfolio
We appreciate your interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.