We’re hiring a Graphic & Web Assistant, NOW!
You will work closely with the Graphic & Web Specialist of Student Affairs to ensure the continual production of creative and dynamic marketing communications. Your primary role will be assistance in the designing of marketing materials and maintenance of the Student Affairs web presence, including graphic assets for RU Student Life.
Start Date: Immediately
Supervisor: Donica Willis, Graphic & Web Specialist, Student Affairs Creative
Rate of Pay: $12.50
Hours: 15 hours a week
Term: Immediately until April 2016
- Assists in the designing of graphics and marketing collateral for RU Student Life, Student Affairs and it’s units. Including but not limited to posters, flyers, postcards, brochures & banners.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of webpages. Including but not limited to optimizing text, images, video and navigation for the best user experience.
- Assists in the designing of digital marketing material for RU Student Life. Including but not limited to platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. -Assists in the layout of text in long documents. Heavy focus on things such as appropriate font size, spacing, balance, etc. -Assists in the management/organization of a project archive.
- Assists in the management/organization of a photo archive
- Knowledge of computer software
- Problem solving and thinking
Technical skills Personal Management Skills:
- Being responsible and accountable
- Highly creative
- Positive attitude and behaviours
- Task initiative
- Time management Teamwork Skills:
- Event and project planning
- Participate in projects and tasks
- Work well with others
Technical or Software Knowledge Required:
- Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Programming in XHTML, Cascading Stylesheets (CSS), & WordPress.
- Photography & Video are an asset.
- Communication: Enhance customer service skills
- Digital Literacy & Technical Aptitude: Apply graphic and web application knowledge and skills
- Project Management: Learn to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Gain experience working as part of a team
How To Apply:
This position is a Work Study funded position and therefore you must be Work Study approved to apply.
- Work Study Approval Email (Mandatory) (send the approval email to the supervisor when the Work Study approval application becomes available on the Student Financial Assistance website)
- Cover Letter
- 2 Reference(s)
Please contact Donica Willis at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
We appreciate your interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.