We have a spirit here at Ryerson. It’s a spirit that breeds creativity and innovation among those that come into contact with it. In all subjects, we have people coming up with new ides, new ways of looking at things, alternative solutions to problems and more. From city planning to sustainable food options to theories on music, sex, politics, social media, leadership, child development – the list is really endless.
The point is, we sometimes forget that Ryerson is hiring, housing and nurturing some of the best and brightest minds around. While we love our blog, we know there are more meaningful, unrelated ideas coming out of this University and they need a platform too. We want to curate these ideas on our Medium page.
Don’t think that because you’re an Image Arts student you can’t give an opinion on municipal politics. Because you’re not a philosophy major doesn’t mean you can’t write on the meaning of life. We’re all people, we all have ideas. Let’s share them.
1. Are you connected to Ryerson?
We don’t mean are you currently a student. We mean, are you:
2. Have you written something you want to share?
The possibilities are endless with this question and that’s the way we want it to be. Did you write something meaningful that you’re proud of? That’s really the only defining criteria.
- A thesis paper you thought was impactful
- An amazing essay you wrote in first year
- An opinion on a current event
- A reflection on a personal experience
- Tips for others on a topic
- A short story
3. Publish on Ryerson’s Medium Page!
If you would like to publish via RU Student Life, send your work to us at RUStudentLife@gmail.com
If you are already publishing on Medium (and we recommend you start) submit to one of our collections:
- Call Me a Theorist – Alternative perspectives on everyday things
- Coming Up Next – Ideas about the the future of anything
- A Look Back – Reflections on experiences had
- Ryerson University – Ideas about Ryerson specifically
That’s it! We’re excited to see what you come up with!