We’re looking for 5 students to share their #RoadToRyerson in a series of blogs and social media posts on RU Student Life. Because preparing and transitioning to university is one of the bigger life moments, we want to know what this transition is like for you!
Maybe you’re moving here from across the world, commuting from Mississauga or have lived in Toronto all your life. Maybe you were valedictorian, or never really liked school at all. Maybe you’re 17, maybe you’re 37. Are you an engineering student? Politics? New Media? It doesn’t matter. We all have a story. We want to hear yours.
Each year, the #RoadToRyerson stories have been a huge success! As a featured storyteller, you will become an ambassador for your year. Check out the 2014 and 2015 campaigns to see what it might look like. You can also see all the #RoadToRyerson blogs here.
Last Year’s Team!
[show-team category=’roadtoryerson’ layout=’hover’ style=’img-rounded,text-center,3-columns’ display=’photo,position,freehtml,name’]
One of the qualities that makes Ryerson special is the diversity in people we attract here. Everyone has their own unique story and perspective. We all get here different ways, but the important thing is that we all get here. We want to give a number of different incoming students the chance to tell those stories of getting here and going through the same transition so many other students are at the same time.
Why Should You Be A Storyteller?
- Start your extra curricular involvement early
- Document your journey to Ryerson and connect with many students in a similar situation
- Be an ambassador for your year at Ryerson
- Meet new friends, students and staff, to keep with you throughout university
- Learn the many services and ways you can get involved
We’d like at least 1 blog post per week with more than one component, such as:
- Video (V-Logs, Instagram video, YouTube, Vine, Snapchats, etc.)
- Pictures (Instagram pics, DSLR, iPhonography, etc.)
- Social (Embedded Tweets, Facebook posts, etc.)
- Audio (Music, Clips, etc.)
We also want you to post on your many social media accounts using the #RoadToRyerson hashtag.
If you think you’d be interested in being one of these students, send us a 30s video telling us who you are and why you’re excited to come to Ryerson. That’s it!
We don’t mind how:
- Send us your video or YouTube/Vimeo Link to RUStudentLife@gmail.com
- If you can fit it under 15s, you can tag us in an Instagram video @RUStudentLife and hashtag #RoadToRyerson
- Start using the #RoadToRyerson hashtag!
If, for any reason, you require other forms of auditioning, such as blogs, essays or audio, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.