We’re looking for 5 students to share their #RoadToRyerson in a series of videos, written blogs, social media posts, etc. on RU Student Life. From the beginning of August through Orientation Week to mid-September, you will work with a creative mentor on this year’s Orientation Team to release a new piece of content every week. As a featured storyteller, your journey to Ryerson will be shared with tens of thousands of incoming and current students!
Preparing and transitioning to university is one of life’s bigger moments, and we want to know what this transition is like for you. Maybe you’re moving here from across the world, commuting from Mississauga or have lived in Toronto all your life. Maybe you were valedictorian, or never really liked school at all. Maybe you’re 17, maybe you’re 37. Are you an engineering student? New Media? It doesn’t matter. We all have a story.
Each year, the #RoadToRyerson stories have been a huge success! As a featured storyteller, you will become an ambassador for your year. Check out all the old #RoadToRyerson blogs here.
- Start your extra curricular involvement early
- Document your journey to Ryerson and connect with many students in a similar situation
- Improve your multimedia storytelling skills by working with our creative mentor
- Be an ambassador for your year at Ryerson
- Meet new friends, students, and staff to keep with you throughout university
- Learn the many services and ways you can get involved
- Create a 30-second to 1-minute video telling us who you are and how you feel your experience could help, encourage, or inspire other students.
- Submit your video and answer the questions at the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/XNcIH1NULiihC5ju2
- Start using the #RoadToRyerson hashtag!
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATE: We’ve heard you! By popular demand, the #RoadToRyerson Storyteller application deadline has officially been extended to June 21, 2017 at 11:59pm to accommodate incoming students currently focused on high school exams, final assignments, prom, graduation, etc. Thank you for expressing your concerns to us, and we can’t wait to see your applications!
Awards & Recognition
Marketer of the Year: Not-For-Profit for #RoadToRyerson
Canadian Association of Marketing Professionals (CAMP)
GOLD | Best PR/Marketing/Communications Initiative: #RoadToRyerson
Prix D’Exellence Awards from Canadian Council for the Advancement of Education
Best Community Driven Site/Use of Social Media: #RoadToRyerson
EduStyle Higher-ed Web Awards
“Blogging The #RoadToRyerson”
By Deven Knill and Natalia Balcerzak