A question that has plagued every Ryerson student at one point or another. Now we have another spot to throw into the mix! The question now is:
TIM HORTONS or STARBUCKS or BALZAC’S?!
In my professional coffee-drinking, I-do-work-in-coffee-shops opinion, none of these is better than the other. You just have to know what you need from the establishment at the time: Do you just want a coffee? Do you only have debit? Do you want to study too? Do you want food? How much time do you have? All of these play a factor! I’ve highlighted the benefits of each location below. Choose wisely folks!
- The line always looks ridiculously long, but it moves SO fast!
- Honestly, for plain 2-cream/1-sugar coffee, Tims is my favourite (And now you all know what I drink, haha)
- If you’re hungry, they have the most food and a variety of bagels (I eat too many bagels)
- The door is always held open for you…
- It’s Tims – it never breaks your wallet and is always a solid choice!
- BEST BAGELS
- Mental Note – you have to butter them yourself #firstworldproblems
RCC to Kerr Hall Bridge
- Being an RTA student, it is the best place to go between classes in the RCC
- THEY ONLY TAKE CASH (I learned the hard way…)
Church & Gerrard
- I. love. Refreshers.
- I probably spend all of Exam Period here. They turn 24h during exam time!
- All my essays? Thanks Starbucks. I get distracted by all the cool things in my room at home…
- The best Fraps and cold drinks!
- Always a good place for WiFi (if for some weird reason you’re not on Ryerson WiFi)
- Lemon Raspberry Loaf. Enough Said.
- A little more than pocket change
- You have to make your own coffee. Again… #lazypeopleproblems
Image Arts Building
- Newest addition to campus!
- They have the BEST Fresh Lemonade. I die.
- Excellent place to have meetings! Both professional and for school.
- Very spacious!
- If it turns out anything like the Balzac’s in the Distillery District, it should be great!
- STILL GETTING TO KNOW THE PLACE, SO COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW MORE.
Anyways, that’s all I have to say for now.
Let me know which one is your favorite on TWITTER and hashtag #LEGACY12 for a chance to win a gift card to your favorite place!